Sunday, March 2, 2008

Good News!

Hello friends. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog! To start this new blog, I feel it appropriate to start by sharing some good news. I was lead to this passage from1 Corinthians chapter 2:

1. And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5. That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

As I read these words, I'm reminded that I have no wisdom of my own to share with you. I only have what I've been given, and it is a blessing to share this with you. There are many men in this time that are wise in their own minds. Their words are designed to entice you with promised filled doctrines of earthly blessings and rewards. Paul placed little or no value on the things of this earth. He stated in Philippians 3:7-8 "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ." He lost all things and eventually lost his life for the sake of Christ. Later in the same chapter, Paul contrasted his view with the prevailing worldly view when he wrote, "For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ."

I have to remind myself often not to lean on my own understanding, but instead seek after the wisdom of God. I also have to remind myself that my purpose is not to live for earthly reward, but to use what I've been given to serve the Kingdom of God without regard for the things of this world. I'm a proud U.S. Air Force veteran, but I'm prouder still to be a citizen of heaven. It is in this citizenship that I find peace when the peace and wisdom of men fail. God has made a way for us to be restored to Him, and all we have to do is respond to Him with all of our hearts by accepting the gift of His Son, Jesus.

This is GOOD NEWS! Thanks for letting me share it with you.
Keith

3 comments:

Vonda said...

Yeah...Keith you've started a blog! How awesome is that! Please post pixs so I can see your youngins...this is such a great way to see how family and friends are doing when you live so very far away. Thank you for your gracious words re Ella Rose and our new baby girl on the way...we are just thrilled and feel so blessed! Take care and hope to see y'all when we return to The States for good. Love Vonda

Larry said...

Great Job. You make me proud that you're my friend. You remind me of the old saying, "I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day."
Now for a serious discussion. Did Adam have a belly button? Have a great day.

Linda Williams said...

Is this not the funniest thing! I never thought about whether Adam had a belly button or not.....Ha!

Love,
Gerald and Linda